В этой теме 1 ответ, 1 участник, последнее обновление gomelparty 7 мес. назад.
Ноябрь 13, 2020 в 05:06 #30230
What’s Gotten into Us?
Staying Healthy in a Toxic World
by McKay Jenkins
- ISBN: 9781400068036 (1400068037)
- Format: hardcover, 336 pages
- Author: McKay Jenkins
- Genres: health, environment, science, sustainability, biology, medical
- Language: english
- Release date: April 19, 2011
- Publisher: Random House
About The Book
What’s Gotten into Us? is a deep, remarkable, and empowering investigation into the threats — biological and environmental — that chemicals now present in our daily lives.
Do you know what chemicals are in your shampoo? How about your cosmetics? Do you know what’s in the plastic water bottles you drink from, or the weed killer in your garage, or your children’s pajamas? If you’re like most of us, the answer is probably no. But you also probably figured that most of these products were safe, and that someone — the manufacturers, the government — was looking out for you. The truth might surprise you.
After experiencing a health scare of his own, journalist McKay Jenkins set out to discover the truth about toxic chemicals, our alarming levels of exposure, and our government’s utter failure to regulate them effectively. What’s Gotten into Us? reveals how dangerous, and how common, toxins are in the most ordinary things, and in the most familiar of places:
• Our water: Thanks to suburban sprawl and agricultural runoff, 97 percent of our nation’s rivers and streams are now contaminated with everything from herbicides to pharmaceutical drugs.
• Our bodies: High levels of hormone-disrupting chemicals from cosmetics, flame-retardants from clothing and furniture, even long-banned substances like DDT and lead, are consistently showing up in human blood samples.
• Our homes: Many toxins lurk beneath our sinks and in our basements, of course, but did you know that they’re also found in wall-to-wall carpeting, plywood, and fabric softeners?
• Our yards: Pesticides, fungicides, even common fertilizers — there are enormous, unseen costs to our national obsession with green, weed-free lawns.
What’s Gotten Into Us? is much more than a wake-up call. It offers numerous practical ways for us to regain some control over our lives, to make our own personal worlds a little less toxic. Inside, you’ll find ideas to help you make informed decisions about the products you buy, and to disentangle yourself from unhealthy products you don’t need — so that you and your family can start living healthier lives now, and in the years to come. Because, as this book shows, what you don’t know can hurt you.
MP3 ebook What’s Gotten into Us? McKay Jenkins read online. TXT book What’s Gotten into Us? on PocketBook on Books-a-Million. PDF What’s Gotten into Us? by McKay Jenkins buy cheap on Book Depository. MOBI ebook What’s Gotten into Us? download for iOS.
EPUB book What’s Gotten into Us? by McKay Jenkins read reader. Online What’s Gotten into Us? download on Walmart. Hardcover What’s Gotten into Us? McKay Jenkins on Kindle. FictionBook ebook What’s Gotten into Us? buy on Amazon.Ноябрь 14, 2020 в 13:45 #30296
Consequences — Aleatha Romig — 9781465341884
- no responses.