В этой теме 0 ответов, 1 участник, последнее обновление Jessica Williams 11 мес., 3 нед. назад.
Декабрь 10, 2020 в 02:08 #32274
How the World Is Made
The Story of Creation according to Sacred Geometry
by John Michell, Allan Brown
- ISBN: 9781594773242 (1594773246)
- Author: John Michell, Allan Brown
- Publisher: Inner Traditions
- Format: hardcover, 288 pages
- Language: english
- Genres: philosophy, spirituality, art, mathematics, science, metaphysics
- Release date: October 21, 2009
About The Book
Understanding the role of sacred geometry in cosmology and human affairs
• Explains how ancient societies that grasped the timeless principles of sacred geometry were able to create flourishing societies
• Illustrates the social and spiritual values in the natural progression of number
• Contains more than 300 full-color drawings showing the interplay of number and sacred geometry
Galileo described the universe as a large book written in the language of mathematics, which can only be read by those with knowledge of its characters — triangles, circles, and other geometrical figures. The laws of geometry are not human inventions. They are found ready-made in nature and hold a truth that is the same in all times and all places and is older than the world itself.
In How the World Is Made John Michell explains how ancient societies that grasped the timeless principles of sacred geometry were able to create flourishing societies. His more than 300 full-color illustrations reveal the secret code within these geometrical figures and how they express the spiritual meanings in the key numbers of 1 through 12. For example, the number 8 and its octagon are symbols of peace and stability, the holy 7 and its seven-sided figure are connected to the world-soul. He identifies the various regular shapes and shows their constructions; their natural symbolism; their meetings, matings, and ways of breeding; and their functions within the universal order. Some are musical and structural, others relate to life and humanity. In the process of making these discoveries, Michell helps us see the world in a new light. Disparate shapes and their corresponding numbers are woven together, resolving themselves into an all-inclusive world image — that “pattern in the heavens,” as Socrates called it, “which anyone can find and establish within themselves.”
Hardback book How the World Is Made John Michell buy on Mac on Amazon. PDF How the World Is Made. Hardcover ebook How the World Is Made by John Michell download on Barnes & Noble. FB2 How the World Is Made read iOS. Paperback book How the World Is Made by John Michell download on Kobo.
- no responses.